DUE IN 14 HOURS
Field Experience C: Understanding Specialized Assessments – The Role of the Specialist
Interview a school specialist (occupational therapist, physical therapist, or speech pathologist) about diagnostic assessments and his or her role in the process of evaluating individuals with exceptionalities. Your interview should address the following prompts: (I have not been able to interview anyone so you can pretend there was an interview.)
1. The criteria and distinguishing factors of nonbiased formal and informal specialized diagnostic assessments;
2. Examples of and how nonbiased formal specialized diagnostic assessments are administered to individuals with exceptionalities, including any legal and ethical requirements;
3. How the school specialist interprets information from a nonbiased formal specialized diagnostic assessment;
4. How the school specialist interprets information from a nonbiased informal specialized diagnostic assessment;
5. How the assessment information is used in making eligibility, program and placement decisions for individuals with exceptionalities;
6. How the students need met if the assessment information does not result in a finding of a disability; and
7. Strategies in communicating specialized assessment results to various stakeholders.
In 300 words, summarize and reflect upon your interview.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
(I WILL ATTACHE A PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENT LIKE THIS ONE)