Each question should be @ least 80 words per question WITH sources
· Recall the three types of claims and the four big validities. Explain which validities are most relevant for each of the three types of claims. Researchers do not usually aim to achieve all four of the big validities at once, why not?
· What is the difference between the conceptual variable and the operational definition of a variable? How might the conceptual variables “affection,” “intelligence,” and “stress” be operationalized by a researcher?
· Review the following websites: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and Americans for Medical Progress. Answer the following questions: Do you feel it is ethical to conduct research on animals for the advancement of human knowledge? Are there any alternatives to using animals for research?
Read the Psychology Internship case study, located at http://lc.gcumedia.com/psy362/brain-based-learning/v1.1/scenarios.html; then use the following questions to guide the forum discussion.
1. What are your ethical responsibilities as a student intern?
2. What are your personal feelings about the situation?
3. How will your personal feelings affect your actions in this situation?