Subjects in the weapon condition were only slightly, but not significantly, less accurate than controls on the 20-item questionnaire. Weapon present subjects were correct on 45.8% of the items, while control (weapon absent) subjects were correct on 50.3% of the items, t(34) = 1.37, p > .05, one tailed.
1. What kind of study design is this (experimental or correlational)?
2. If experimental, what is the independent variable?
3. If experimental, what is the dependent variable?
4. What kind of statistical test did the author run, and how do you know the used this test?
5. What do you think the null and alternative hypotheses are in this study?