Project Sections (Be sure to address the following questions in each section.)
- What is culture? How do values, norms, and beliefs apply?
- What is socialization?
- How does Cooley’s three-part theory of the looking-glass self-connect to the development of culture or socialization?
- How does Mead’s theory of the formation of self-connect to the development of culture or socialization?
- There are three basic theories within sociology: functionalism, conflict, and symbolic interactionism. How can these connect to the development of culture or socialization?
- How do people learn about their culture?
- How do ethnocentrism and cultural relativism impact how people view cultures? How might these impact the development of an ideal society?
- How do people develop their sense of self? How do genetic components and social interactions impact development of people?
- How does culture affect human interaction? How do people change culture?
- What types of subcultures and countercultures appear within an ideal society? How can these relate to the dominant culture?
- The paper should be at least 3 pages (the title page and reference page do not count as part of the page requirement).
- Papers must include at least three sources from academic books or journal articles cited in APA Style.