Write a 1,050 to 1,400 word paper comparing and contrasting 2 conceptual models. Some models include:
- Pender’s health promotion model
- Theory of reasoned action
- Web of causation
- Causality continuum
- Social ecology model
- Precede-Proceed model
- Health belief model
- Milio’s framework for prevention
- Critical theoretical perspective
Include the following elements:
- Explain the importance of using theory and models to guide practice in community and public health settings
- Outline the conceptual models chosen and describe the historical development of each.
- Compare and contrast the chosen models. Include the following:
- Describe the focus of each model and explain how one is similar or different than the other model.
- Describe the usability of each model and explain how each can be used in the community and/or public health sector by nurses. Identify the similarities and differences.
- Describe one example of how each model was applied to address a real community or public health problem.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Include a minimum of 6 scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles.
Submit the assignment as directed by the instructor.
NUR 544 WEEK 3 Community Conceptual Model Comparison