In this assignment, you will develop your own personal mission, vision, and values statements and examine your own leadership qualities as they pertain to health care. Write a paper that addresses the following:
- Using the NCHL Competencies for Healthcare Leaders table, linked in the Resources, define your competency level from when you began this program and the level you feel you have attained now; complete this for each of the competencies listed. Consider what knowledge, skills, and opportunities have influenced this change in competency level; if the level has remained the same, consider what you can do to improve your skills and knowledge to attain the next level or maintain that level, if you are already at the expected Master’s competency level.
- Design your personal vision, mission, and values statements, including ethics, social accountability, and financial leadership, related to the health care field you are in or will be entering. Use the statements you developed for this unit’s Professional Health Care Mission and Vision discussion, and revise according to the feedback you received.
- Choose a health care organization to study. You may use the organization for which you work, choose an organization related to your field, or one you may be interested in working for in the future. You may use the same organization you selected for this unit’s Professional Health Care Mission and Vision discussion, but you are not required to do so.
- Conduct research to find the organization’s vision, mission, values, ethics codes, social accountability, use of financial data to guide organizational leadership, and governance models used.
- Compare and evaluate how your leadership skills and personal statements will fit within this organization.
- Identify critical success leadership stretch competencies you will need to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Compare how your personal financial leadership skills match up with the organization’s use of financial data to guide organization leadership.
- At the end of your assignment, include a section in which you summarize the key points. Include at least two recommendations for your personal and professional improvement plan (Life Long Learning Inventory) that you have developed based on this examination and comparison of your personal statements, leadership qualities, and your chosen organization.
- Written communication: Written communication is free from errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Assignment should use the current edition of the APA manual for style and formatting, including references and associated in-text citations.
- Number of resources: Minimum of four resources, the majority of which should be peer-reviewed.
- Length of paper: 3–7 typed double-spaced pages, not counting the cover page and reference section.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Finished assignment: Consolidate your finished assignment into a single document.