Imagine observing and collaborating with a certified K‐5 classroom teacher about pre‐referral assessments and his or her role in the RTI process.
The interview should address the following:
- How each RTI tier is used in your classroom. What are the benefits of each tier?
- How data is collected, and student progress monitored for RTI Tier 1, RTI Tier 2, and RTI Tier 3. Is technology used to assist in this progress monitoring? If so, how?
- How data from RTI processes is analyzed to determine evidenced‐based interventions.
- How RTI data is used in making eligibility, program, and placement decisions for students with disabilities in your classroom.
- Strategies you use to communicate RTI results to various stakeholders.
In 250‐500 words, summarize and reflect upon your observations and collaboration, and explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice. Reflect upon using data to inform instruction and strategy selection to support struggling students and how you will use this information in your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.