Mrs. Anderson is a 40 year old female. She presents to your office with complaints of fatigue, urinary frequency, and epigastric discomfort. She states she takes Tums, with minimal relief. She states she has had a goiter for 10 years and has complaints. You notice a quarter size open sore on her left calf. She states she thinks it is a bug bite, but it has not healed yet. Labs results: HbA1c- 10, TSH-11, UA-positive for nitrites and glucose, wound culture- positive for staph aureus. Diagnoses – DM Type 2, Hypothyroidism, GERD, Staph infection.
- 1.What medication recommendations will you make? Include the drug class, generic and trade name and starting dose range. Provide rationale for your choices.
- 2.Discuss any potential side effects and drug interactions for this patient.
- 3.What non-pharmacological interventions would you suggest?
- 4.What patient education would you provide?
- Length: A minimum of 250 words per post, not including references
- Citations: At least one high-level scholarly reference in APA per post from within the last 5 years