Ms. Whitley is a 26 year old female. She has a history of asthma since grade school, for the last 3 months she has had to use her Albuterol inhaler 3-4 times per week, sometimes at night. She states she has chronic knee pain from playing soccer in high school, no surgeries, takes Acetaminophen as needed. She also asks about starting a birth control method, currently using condoms. She asks what you think about medication to help with weight loss since she would like to drop the 20 lbs she gained in college.
- 1. What medication recommendations will you make? Include the drug class, generic and trade name and starting dose range. Provide rationale for your choices.
- 2. Discuss any potential side effects and drug interactions for this patient.
- 3. What non-pharmacological interventions would you suggest?
- 4. What patient education would you provide?
- Length: A minimum of 500 words, not including references
- Citations: At least two high-level scholarly reference in APA from within the last 5 years