Post your answers to the 6 questions corresponding to this weekâ€™s content on primary care medication management. Provide your responses and rationales. Support your rationales with high level evidence. (See Post Expectations)
- 1. A patient is being seen at your clinic for depression and has been prescribed Zoloft. At todayâ€™s visit, she admits to still taking St. Johnâ€™s Wort. What do you tell her?
- 2. A patient asks if they would benefit from taking Aricept from their mild dementia. What is your response?
- 3. Your patient asks if he or she should take Propranolol at the beginning of a migraine headache. How do you respond?
- 4. A patient requires treatment for his ADHD, but is drug tested at his job and they have a zero tolerance policy. Is there a medication he can take to help his attention and focus?
- 5. What is the most commonly used dopaminergic drug used for Parkinsonâ€™s?
- 6. What other disorder are many of the Antiepileptic drugs used for? Name 2 of the drugs.
- Citations: At least two high-level scholarly reference in APA from within the last 5 years