- Discuss how the determinants of health contributed to the opioid crisis in Anytown.
- Which determinants of health have had the most influence on the crisis in Anytown? Indicate if the influence was a negative or positive.
- Which determinants of health have had the most influence on the national opioid crisis?
- What are the similarities and differences between Anytown and the nation?
- Use the SWOT management tool from your text to address a general analysis of the opioid crisis in Anytown.
- Anytown is a simulation town
Largest industry/employer is the coal mine
Coal mining operations have decreased in the past few years
Because of physical injuries, illnesses, and other ailments, opioids use has skyrocketed
Because of the economic downturn, opioid uses as a coping mechanism has dramatically increase
An opioid overdose emergency occurs almost daily, many times resulting in death
The mayor has declared the opioid crisis as the number one crisis the town is facing
The largest employer in Anytown
Over half of the employees have either qualified for workmanâ€™s compensation or have an illness related to their working conditions
The most common condition is black lung
Because this type of illness is directly related to working in the mine, working conditions need to be improved