Home Health Services
Doris is a 79-year-old woman who has recently lost her spouse and has begun receiving home health services at her home. The home health nurse has noticed Doris spending large amounts of time at home alone. The nurse would love to see Doris become more active in her community and possibly be less sedentary.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research on home health services. Based on your research and understanding, respond to the following:
- Provide recommendations to help Doris become a more involved community member.
- Analyze and identify at least four barriers that may exist in Doris being involved in more community activities. Provide solutions to each of these barriers.
- Provide at least two examples of community programs that Doris could benefit from being involved in.
- Provide recommendations on how the home health nurse could encourage Doris to be involved in these activities.
- Describe the types of health promotion programs that are available for aging adults. Explain how these programs will benefit aging adults, physically, psychologically, and financially.
- Analyze and explain the common barriers that can occur when trying to get a senior to access a health promotion project.
- Analyze and identify at least one health promotion project in your area and describe its history and role in the community.
- Provide recommendations for funding, regulation, and demographics of this project.