You have been keeping up with the impact of the opioid crisis not just on the users, but on those around them as well.
Children are the most vulnerable victims of this crisis. You need to get the rest of the staff in your office up to speed on the effects of the opioid crisis on children.
In your newsletter:
- Select a state (TEXAS) and describe the effects of the opioid crisis on children.
- Determine the ways in which the opioid crisis affects these children. Include the short- and long-term effects on society.
- Describe how the crisis impacts children nationally. Compare this to the global opioid crisis.
- Analyze the global consequences of the opioid crisis on children.
- Connect the information learned to Anytown (anytown is a simulation town), and discuss the ways public health officials can help.
Largest industry/employer is the coal mine
Coal mining operations have decreased in the past few years
Because of physical injuries, illnesses, and other ailments, opioids use has skyrocketed
Because of the economic downturn, opioid uses as a coping mechanism has dramatically increase
An opioid overdose emergency occurs almost daily, many times resulting in death
The mayor has declared the opioid crisis as the number one crisis the town is facing
The largest employer in Anytown
Over half of the employees have either qualified for workmanâ€™s compensation or have an illness related to their working conditions
The most common condition is black lung
Because this type of illness is directly related to working in the mine, working conditions need to be improved
I attached a previous assignment for additional resource