Critical Thinking: Case Study – Cost Containment
Choose a current event pertaining to an effort to contain costs or review this case study:
Manzoli, L., Di Candia, V., Flacco, M. E., Panella, M., Capasso, L., Sargiacomo, M., & … Muraglia, A. (2012). The impact of health policy: the extreme case of Abruzzo, Italy. International Journal of Care Pathways, 16(4), 115-121. doi:10.1177/2040402613479343
Write a four- to six-page report evaluating the case and providing your recommendations for this case.
Your report should address the following substantive requirements:
· Description of what occurred, who was affected, and rationale
· Assessment of the case from the following perspectives:
· Health reform – illustrate how this case and your role as administrator are different now due to changes in health law and expectations from health reform.
· How cost containment plays a factor in your decision.
· Recommendations for implementation of procedures or partnerships to continue containing costs and increasing efficiency.
Your well-written report should meet the following structural requirements:
· Be four to six pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
· Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two must be external.
· Use correct terminology pertaining to the law and ethics
· Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.
· Introduction and Description