Identify an organism that lives within 50 miles of your home.
Write a 750 to 950 word paper about how the organism has adapted to survive in their specific environment. Include the following points in your paper:
- Briefly describe the environment (temperature, landscape, food sources, etc.) and describe the organism’s role in the environment. Determine which organism your chosen organism be most closely related to using a phylogenetic tree.
- Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in your selected organism.
- Explain how the organism has evolved physiologically to become suited to its environment.
- Explain how things would change if the organism were to be transplanted to a significantly different environment:
- Would their organ system still be as efficient? Why or why not?
- Would the organism survive in this new environment? Why or why not?
Include the diagram and other appropriate pictures in your paper and make sure to provide a full reference for the images in your reference section.