Write a 750-1,000-word paper that addresses the following:
- A definition of screening, assessment, and treatment plan
- A general overview of the substance use disorder criteria according to the DSM
- A discussion about the potential problems that can arise when a counselor relies solely on the diagnostic criteria listed in the DSM for treatment planning
- Include at least two examples of commonly used substance use disorder assessment tools.
- Include a minimum of two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
When writing the paper, consider using the following level-one APA headings to help organize the content:
- Assessment Process
- General Overview of Criteria
- Potential Problems
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide