We need to gather data on the opioid crisis in Anytown (simulation town). One way to collect data is by using surveys.
For this assignment:
- Create a survey to assess opioid use in Anytown. You can use an online survey creator, like SurveyMonkey, or write the survey in Word (WORD).
- Determine and explain the type of survey you would use. Include your rationale for the following:
- The number of questions in the survey
- Describe the questions used and reasoning for the selected content
- Distribution and collection of the survey
- Selection of the participants for the survey
- Assess and describe how you will ensure validity and reliability of the survey.
Largest industry/employer is the coal mine
Coal mining operations have decreased in the past few years
Because of physical injuries, illnesses, and other ailments, opioids use has skyrocketed
Because of the economic downturn, opioid uses as a coping mechanism has dramatically increase
An opioid overdose emergency occurs almost daily, many times resulting in death
The mayor has declared the opioid crisis as the number one crisis the town is facing
The largest employer in Anytown
Over half of the employees have either qualified for workmanâ€™s compensation or have an illness related to their working conditions
The most common condition is black lung
Because this type of illness is directly related to working in the mine, working conditions need to be improved