Section 1: Organizational Settings 100 Words
Section 2: Leadership 400 Words
Section 3: Motivation 400 Words
Section 4: Cognition and Organizational Behavior 150 Words
Total Words 1050
Need Only above 4 Sections to finish. This is a term paper.
This term paper applies the Buchbinder & Shanks (2012) textbook to lead HCA303 students through a process of self-reflection, personal assessment, and professional development planning. The term paper is designed to engage students in better understanding and articulating professional interests, strengths, and areas for further learning and development in preparation for managing and leading health care organizations in the future.
The term paper is structured into nine sections, with word count guidelines provided in each section. APA formatting is required. Term paper milestone deadlines, by module, are as follows:
- Read and familiarize yourself with the term paper assignment in Module 1
- Begin researching and organizing non-textbook references for the term paper in Module 2
- Proposed non-textbook term paper reference list is due to the Dropbox by no later than Sunday 11:59 PM EST/EDT of Module 4
- A draft of the first four sections of the term paper is due to the Dropbox by no later than Sunday 11:59 PM EST/EDT of Module 5
- The final term paper is due to be submitted to Chalk and Wire no later than Sunday 11:59 PM EST/EDT of Module 8. Students who do not submit the assignment to Chalk and Wire will receive a zero. This is a key program assessment; the results are used to ensure students are meeting program goals. Video and PDF instructions can be found on the course home page. PDF instructions are also located in the Start Here folder.
Section 1: Organizational Settings
Below are 25 categories of organizational settings in the health industry. In about 100 focused and concisely written words, (a) rank the top three according to your interest for the organization setting of a future health care management position and (b) explain why you chose your first, second, and third choices.
- Community hospitals
- Health systems/integrated delivery networks
- Academic medical centers
- Physician practices
- Outpatient diagnostic facilities
- Surgery centers
- Urgent care centers
- Health information systems
- Insurance/managed care companies
- Continuing care retirement communities
- Nursing homes/skilled nursing facilities
- Assisted living facilities
- Pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies
- Medical devices/equipment companies
- Federally qualified health centers
- Home health care
- Hospice care
- Dental offices
- Government agencies
- Public health
- International health care development
- Higher education
- Professional associations
Section 2: Leadership
Apply the leadership concepts in Chapter 2 (e.g., competencies, models, styles, protocols, responsibilities) in answering the following three items in a total of about 400 words. Incorporate at least two references above and beyond the textbook, and cite both the textbook and your external references using APA style.
(a) Think about a situation where you (or an organizational leader you are familiar with) were highly effective as a leader. Apply leadership concepts from Chapter 2 in explaining your (or the selected leader’s) effectiveness. You may write about yourself, a leader in the health industry, or a leader from outside the health industry.
(b) Think about a situation where you (or an organizational leader you are familiar with) were ineffective as a leader. Apply leadership concepts from Chapter 2 in explaining your (or the selected leader’s) ineffectiveness. You may write about yourself, a leader in the health industry, or a leader from outside the health industry.
(c) State and describe three personal leadership development goals.
Section 3: Motivation
Apply the motivation concepts in Chapter 3 in answering the following three items in a total of about 400 words. Incorporate at least two references above and beyond the textbook, and cite both the textbook and your external references using APA style. The external references cited in this section will very likely be different from those in the previous section.
(a) What motivates you?
(b) What demotivates you?
(c) As a health care manager, what will be your approach to increasing employee engagement and motivation in your organization?
Section 4: Cognition and Organizational Behavior
Apply the concepts in Chapter 4 in answering the following item in a total of about 150 words. Incorporate at least one reference above and beyond the textbook, and cite both the textbook and your external reference(s) using APA style.
Discuss the role of cognition (thinking, reasoning) in promoting organizational change and learning. In what ways could you, as a manager, use cognition to improve communication and teamwork?