1. You are to research, analyze, and write an APA-formatted scholarly paper about the topic that you have selected.
2. Write an introduction that defines and describes the topic. Address what purpose the topic serves and how it impacts the delivery of healthcare in general, and nursing care in particular. Keep in mind that APA guidelines state you are not to use the heading of “Introduction,” but you should include it at the beginning of your paper.
3. Search for scholarly sources and relevant websites. Include a minimum of three sources. Cite these in the body of the paper and include them in the References list following proper APA formatting.
4. Provide two examples of your topic (one example for standardized terminology is NANDA).Describe the main features or aspects of each example with support from your sources.
5. Describe an experience where the topic impacted you personally, either when you were receiving health care, or when you were providing nursing care. Relate one positive aspect of this experience. Relate one negative aspect of this experience and how it could have been improved.
6. Write a conclusion that summarizes the topic. Predict the future for this topic. Explain how your newfound insight will influence your nursing care.
7. Use Microsoft Word to develop your paper. Use APA formatting. Refer to the Publication manual of the APA, 6th edition. Review the various APA documents included in this course and the Chamberlain Care Student Success Strategies (CCSSS) that can help you with your writing. Take advantage of the tutoring service, Smarthinking, which is linked under Student Resources.
8. The length of the paper should be 4–5 pages (and no more than 8) in length, excluding the title page and the reference page.