Your role as primary respondent is as key witness to another student’s Final Clinical Integration Paper, considered to be a key role in this process. This brief (2-3 page) reflection is part of your work as that primary witness that your peer will receive for their paper, and is designed to help support an organized, thoughtful, and effective feedback process.
As a reminder, the final Clinical Integration Paper assignment you are witnessing (from the assignment description” is, timed at the threshold between the graduate school journey and taking a place in the greater field of counseling psychology upon graduation, and is intended to provide an opportunity to bring together the new professional’s individual passions within this work, learnings from the time within the program, the inner researcher, and the unique journey as a developing practitioner.
While we expect you to provide some witness to papers for each member of your small group, your reflections for the paper for which you are the primary respondent should include the following elements:
1. How well has the writer met the “bones” of the assignment? (Give specific feedback regarding structure, editing, APA style, meeting assignment expectations, and overall quality)
2. What is your experience of the content? What are the specific strengths and challenges? How does this paper reflect the author’s unique signature?
3. How does this paper reflect the author’s unique signature? How has reading this paper made a difference for you, the reader, personally and/or clinically?
1. Organization of response, including notes regarding location of specific feedback points
2. Thorough, respectful witness of paper and person
3. Skill of observation/usefulness of feedback, including offer of both supportive and challenging feedback