Resource: Ch. 14 of Introduction to Psychology
Create an 8- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes.
Summarize how psychological disorders are classified. Include the role of the DSM -IV-TR®. Your presentation must have at least one slide for each major class of psychological disorders. listed below. Describe the major characteristics of each class of disorder, and identify at least three disorders that fall under each category.
PLEASE USE AT LEAST THREE SOURCES FOR YOUR PRESENTATION. Many professional presentations have citations on the bottom of each slide that correspond with their reference slide.
- Anxiety disorders-Make sure to give three examples of anxiety disorders, such as panic attacks, post traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety, etc.
- Dissociative disorders-Give three examples
- Somatoform disorders-Give three examples
- Mood disorders-three examples, such as depression, bi-polar, etc.
- Schizophrenia-Catatonic, paranoid, etc.
- Personality disorders-borderline, schizoid, narcissism, etc.
- Substance abuse disorders-alcoholism, drug addiction, etc.