1. Your text discusses four types of parenting styles:Authoritarian parents (who rule the household with unquestioned authority and expect total obedience),Permissive parents (who tend to be warm and loving to children, routinely give in to the demands of their children and have few rules or little structure guiding interaction),Authoritative parents (who are also loving and nurturing but have a firm set of rules that they use to discipline their children while also explaining why certain actions are unacceptable and why alternative actions are expected) andUninvolved parents (parents who are not actively involved in the lives of their children). What are the pros and cons of each parenting style? What type of child is likely to develop under each of the four parenting styles? Also provide a reference.
2.For this assignment I want you to think about how you see yourself and how others', from your perspective, see you.
1. What are your triggers? What button can someone push and take you out of your A-game?
2. What are some techniques/tools you rely on most frequently to develop working relationships?
3. In your opinion, what factors/characteristics/traits make establishing a therapeutic relationship?
4. Once a working relationship is established, how careful do you have to be of jeopardizing the relationship? What are some factors that cause tension in relationships?