1. How does gerrymandering affect descriptive and agency representation?
2. How does President Trump’s use of informal resources balance the need to maintain popularity with his base and with the general public? What are the benefits and costs?
3. Is the process of judicial nominations “broken” or just an example of ordinary partisan politics? How will recent partisan nominations affect the Supreme Court itself?
4. In a polarized political climate, do the benefits of public shaming do more harm than good?
5. Should there be federal legislation concerning the protection of transgender rights, or should we leave it to the states to decide for themselves?
Define following concepts:
Deliberative Democracy, Party Leadership, “Head of State” powers, Rules of Debate- The Filibuster, Presidential Pardons, Presidential Popularity, The Politics of Selecting Judges, Law Clerks, “Head of Government Powers: the president also serves as the nation’s symbolic leader, or chief of state. In some nations, this duty is performed by a monarch.”, Political Speech, CyberSpace and Privacy, Freedom of Religion, Discrimination against sexual minorities.